PRESS RELEASE ON THE CURRENT
SITUATION OF THE COVID-19 INFECTION
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
26 Syawal 1442 / 08 June 2021
1. The Ministry of Health would like to inform the public on the current situation of the COVID-19 infection in Brunei Darussalam for Tuesday, 26 Syawal 1442 / 08 June 2021, as of 12 noon.
Summary of Cases
|New Case Today ||Total Number of Cases |
|Recovered Case Today ||Active Cases||Deaths||Recovered|
|Last local COVID-19 case||Total number of imported cases since the last local case was reported|
Reported on 6 May 2020
(398 days ago)
Summary of individuals undergoing Self-Isolation
|Total number of individuals undergoing Mandatory Self Isolation||
Total number of individuals who have completed Mandatory Self Isolation
(since March 2020)
Summary of number of Virus SARS-CoV-2 tests
|Total number of tests conducted within 24 hours||
Total number of tests conducted
(since January 2020)
|340 samples||132,488 tests|
2. Case 245 is a man aged 44 years old and Case 246 is a man aged 52 years old. Both cases arrived in the country from Manila on 26 May 2021. These cases have no signs of infection.
3. Investigation and contact tracing have found that there is no close contact for these cases since they were quarantined upon arrival and their whole travel arrangements and mandatory self-isolation follows the existing standard operating procedure (SOP).
4. All the cases treated at the National Isolation Centre are in a stable condition.
5. For further information and latest updates, members of the public can visit the official website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.bn or by contacting the Health Advice Line 148 or through the BruHealth App.
Follow the Guidelines for the Eid Aidifitri Celebration that has been issued for this year.
– END –
Reference : KK/PR/1
Date : 26 Syawal 1442 / 08 June 2021