ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
03 Rabiulawal 1443 / 10 October 2021
1. Today, Sunday, 03 Safar 1443 / 10 October 2021, by the will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’Ala and with a heavy heart, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that one COVID-19 confirmed case has returned to the grace and mercy of Allah.
2. The case was Case 8895, who was a 40-year-old man. The cause of death is still under investigation.
3. In this opportunity, myself representing the Ministry of Health as well as the people of Brunei Darussalam, would like to express our deepest condolences to the case’s family and pray his soul will receive blessings and is placed among the pious. Al-Fatihah.
(recital of surah Al-Fatihah)
4. Today, three hundred and eighty-one (381) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 8,980.
- There are 195 additional new cases to 25 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, five new clusters have been detected that involved 60 cases. All of the new clusters are accommodation clusters where one of it namely Destiny Jaya Sdn Bhd Cluster is a housing cluster that accommodates the companies’ employees.
- One cluster has been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days. The closed cluster is 2839 Cluster. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 160 clusters.
- Meanwhile, 126 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
5. Three hundred and twenty-two (322) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 6,690 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,226 cases.
6. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, eight cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with three cases requiring the help of additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, thirty (30) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
7. As per the press conference of the Ministry of Health on 8 October 2021, the Home Isolation Policy for COVID-19 patients has been initiated, specifically for patients identified as Category 1 and Category 2a. However, the Ministry of Health would like to clarify that patients in Category 1 and Category 2a who are found to be more suitable to undergo treatment in isolation centres for certain reasons, they will be immediately transferred to those centres. This is to ensure they will be able to be given immediate treatment if their condition worsens. Therefore, anyone who is currently in isolation centres is advised to be patient and continue to be monitored at those centres.
8. In the past 24 hours, a total of 4,803 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 403,077 tests.
9. On 09 October 2021, a total of 6,506 individuals have received the COVID-19 vaccine injection. This means that, under the National Vaccination Programme, a total of 328,431 individuals have received the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 72.4% from the total population. Meanwhile, 211,380 individuals have completed the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 46.6% from the total population.
10. With that, the Ministry of Health has reviewed the operation hours of vaccination centres, as follow:
- Commencing Sunday, 10 October 2021, all vaccination centres in the country will be closed at 6:00 pm; and
- Commencing Monday, 11 October 2021, the Indoor Stadium Vaccination Centre will be open daily on a walk-in basis from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm for administration of first dose only, and is open to all citizens and residents of Brunei Darussalam holding yellow and purple smart cards only. However, the services on Sundays are still open to companies on a scheduled basis whether for locals or foreign workers.
11. In addition, the Ministry of Health will also be implementing the COVID-19 Vaccination Services in Mukim Labi on 11 to 13 October 2021 at the Labi Health Clinic from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, especially for residents of Mukim Labi, Mukim Sawat and its surroundings. The local community there who wish to get the COVID-19 vaccination can come directly by walk-in or by reserving a slot through the website https://calendly.com/phc-belait/labi-vaksinasi. For those who are unable to attend on their own to the Labi Health Clinic due to health problems, they are required to inform the Head Village for vaccination arrangements at their respective homes.
12. Meanwhile, outcome from the multi-agencies enforcement monitoring that was carried out last night during the out-of-house restriction from 8 pm until 4 am this morning, a total of 30 violations of the directive nationwide were issued with compound fines. The public is reminded to comply with the directives that have been issued in order to restore the state of country from the COVID-19 infection.
13. Happy World Mental Health Day. The theme this year is “Mental Health in an Unequal World” that emphasizes the importance of ensuring good mental health and access to care as well as support for all in our society. In the current state of the country experiencing the second wave of this challenging COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical that we take care of our mental health and our loved ones. Take advantage of the opportunity to be at home to spend quality time with your loved ones at home. Make use of technology while practicing social distancing as a way of connecting or maintaining silaturrahim among friends and families living in other places. Get support and advice from trusted individuals and provide support to others who are in need when going through difficult and challenging situations. Let us move forward as a society to raise mental health awareness in the country as well as to support each other during this challenging situation. Thank you.
– END –
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 03 Rabiulawal 1443H / 10 October 2021