ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
30 Safar 1443 / 07 October 2021
1. Today, Thursday, 30 Safar 1443 / 07 October 2021, by the will of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’Ala and with a heavy heart, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that one COVID-19 confirmed case has returned to the grace and mercy of Allah.
2. The case was Case 8010, who was a 44-year-old man, who suffered lung problems after being infected with COVID-19.
3. In this opportunity, myself representing the Ministry of Health as well as the people of Brunei Darussalam, would like to express our deepest condolences to the case’s family and pray his soul will receive blessings and is placed among the pious. Al-Fatihah.
(recital of surah Al-Fatihah)
4. Today, one hundred and twelve (112) new cases of COVID-19 infections have been confirmed bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 8,262.
- There are 17 additional new cases to 12 of the existing active clusters who were previously close contacts with several positive cases.
- Meanwhile, three new clusters have been detected as currently shown on the screen. All three of these clusters are private home clusters that involved 31 cases. One of these cluster is the Rentokil Initial Cluster that involves a house that houses the company’s employees.
- Furthermore, two clusters have been closed following no new detected cases in the cluster for 28 days. The closed clusters are Semporna Enak Cluster and 1597 Cluster. Therefore, the current total active clusters are 147 clusters.
- Meanwhile, 64 new cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
5. One hundred and fifty-nine (159) cases have recovered today bringing the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam to 5,933 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 2,267 cases.
6. Among the cases being treated at the National Isolation Centre, six cases are in Category 5 and currently treated at the Intensive Care Unit. All of them require assistance of artificial ventilation with two cases requiring the help of additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, thirty-four (34) cases are categorised in Category 4 that require oxygen assistance and are under close monitoring.
7. In the past 24 hours, a total of 5,793 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 388,614 tests.
8. On 06 October 2021, a total of 7,116 individuals have received the COVID-19 vaccine injection. This means that, under the National Vaccination Programme, a total of 319,711 individuals have received the first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 70.5% from the total population. Meanwhile, 206,482 individuals have completed the second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine which is 45.5% from the total population.
9. Outcome from the multi-agencies enforcement monitoring that was carried out last night during the out-of-house restriction from 8 pm until 4 am this morning, a total of 28 violations of the directive nationwide were issued with compound fines. The public is reminded to comply with the directives that have been issued in order to restore the state of country from the COVID-19 infection.
10. Furthermore, the Ministry of Health would like to inform the public that at this time, the blood supply stock is at a very low level. The Ministry of Health very much welcomes the assistance of the public to donate blood to help patients in need for the purpose of surgery and treatment. Those who wish to donate blood can come the Health Promotion Centre from 8 am to 2 pm during working days by walk-in or by booking through the BloodKad application. Thank you.
– END –
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 30 Safar 1443H / 07 October 2021