ON THE CURRENT SITUATION OF COVID-19
IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
07 Safar 1443 / 14 September 2021
1. The Ministry of Health would like to announce that today, Tuesday, 07 Safar 1443 / 14 September 2021, one hundred and eight (108) new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the country bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 4,431.
- Today, three new clusters have been detected that brings the total number of active clusters to 76 clusters. These new clusters are:
- There are 21 additional new cases to 10 of the existing active clusters. The cases in these active clusters are individuals who are currently being quarantined and were found to be in contact with several confirmed cases.
- There is 1 import case reported today:
- 1 case arrived in Brunei Darussalam from Manila on 01 September 2021 on board flight Royal Brunei BI 684.
- Meanwhile, 62 cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection.
- Contact tracing for all these new cases is currently undergoing. All identified close contacts are required to undergo mandatory quarantine and RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 test.
2. One hundred and two (102) cases have recovered today, where this total includes 21 positive cases from Category 1 that have undergone self-isolation for 14 days at their respective homes. All of them have undergone second swab tests at Day 12 and have been confirmed recovered. With that, the total number of recovered cases in Brunei Darussalam has increased to 2,856 cases, whereas the total number active cases are 1,548 cases.
3. Among the active cases, eleven cases are in critical condition, where ten of the cases require assistance of artificial ventilation. Meanwhile, one case requires the help of an additional heart/lung machine (ECMO). Meanwhile, twenty-eight (28) cases that were categorised in Category 4 are now admitted at the Intensive Care Unit for close monitoring.
4. In the past 24 hours, a total of 4,083 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 282,346 tests.
5. Furthermore, in the ongoing effort to curb the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health is pleased to inform the public that the Third Phase of the COVID Holding Area Mahad (CHAM) Tutong which can accommodate up to 488 patients and another isolation centre located in Belait District, i.e. the COVID Holding Area Belait Sixth Form Centre (CHABEL6) that can accommodate 320 patients have commenced operations on Monday, 13 September 2021. These new facilities are jointly operated by the Ministry of Health and the Royal Brunei Armed Forces.
6. Meanwhile, in the efforts of His Majesty’s Government to ensure that the National Vaccination Programme can be re-implemented properly, the Ministry of Health is pleased to inform the public that the Government of Japan will donate 100 thousand doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to the country which is expected to arrive in Brunei Darussalam at the end of September 2021. With the aforementioned donation, together with the donation of 100 thousand doses of Sinopharm vaccine received from the Government of the People’s Republic of China, the National Vaccination Programme will be able to continue with the re-administration of the first doses that was postponed. The Government of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam is gratified with these contributions which will be fully utilised.
7. Let us together be responsible and play our part in controlling the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, and pray to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala that Brunei Darussalam is always blessed and protected from all diseases especially the COVID-19 infection. Aamiin Aamin Ya Rabbal Alamin.
8. For further information and latest updates, please visit the official website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.bn or through the BruHealth App. Any inquiries on COVID-19 can also be directed to the Health Advice Line 148, Talian Darussalam 123, Brunei Red Crescent (BRC) Helpdesk Line or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– END –
Reference : KK/PR/2
Date : 07 Safar 1443H / 14 September 2021