Summary as of: March 31, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Coos County Testing Data
COVID-19 Updates for Today
- At this time, Coos County Public Health knows of 201 COVID-19 tests that have been administered to county residents. 28 of these tests are pending results and 173 are negative.
- Availability of tests sample kits is still low and testing is being prioritized for people with more severe symptoms and/or a known exposure.
- Oregon Health Authority has reported 690 positive cases of COVID-19 in Oregon, as well as 18 deaths to date.
- As of March 31st 2020, the CDC reported 163,539 total cases, 2,860 total deaths in the United States.
- As of March 31st, the World Health Organization reported 750,890 confirmed cases (57,610 new cases) and 36,405 deaths (3,301 new deaths).
- New Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) comes into effect on April 1st requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- Next virtual town hall is scheduled for 4.7.2020. You can listen to it live on Facebook, or listen to it after the fact. Check out the Coos Health & Wellness Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CoosHealthWellness.
- All questions are of value, so do not hesitate to ask via our specific email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next COVID-19 situation update will be sent on April 1, 2020. We are not sending out updates on the weekend because official counts from CDC are only updated on Mondays through Fridays.
Coos County Public Health Response to Date
We continue to work closely with local schools, healthcare providers, emergency services, cities, businesses, and others to coordinate efforts and to share the most up-to-date information.
Current update regarding Public Health preparedness and response:
- Providers and Public calls
- Specific taskforces
- Homeless population
- Hospitals and clinics for surge capacity
- Elderly and people in poverty
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Public information and education
- Volunteer coordination and management
- If you have questions, suggestions, concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
COVID-19 Situation in Oregon
Additional Information and Resources
Visit our COVID-19 page at: cooshealthandwellness.org/public-health/novel-coronavirus-2019-covid-19 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org