Summary as of: March 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Coos County Testing Data
COVID-19 Updates for Today
- At this time, Coos County Public Health knows of 174 COVID-19 tests that have been administered to county residents. 55 of these tests are pending results and 119 are negative.
- Availability of tests sample kits is still low and testing is being prioritized for people with more severe symptoms and/or a known exposure.
- Oregon Health Authority has reported 414 positive cases of COVID-19 in Oregon, as well as 12 deaths to date.
- As of March 27th 2020, the CDC reported 85,356 total cases, 1,246 total deaths, and 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands reporting cases.
- As of March 27th, the World Health Organization reported 509,164 confirmed cases (46,484 new cases) and 23,335 deaths (2,501 new deaths).
- Stay home, save lives: executive order.
- Next virtual town hall is scheduled for 3.31.2020. You can listen to it live on Facebook, or listen to it after the fact. Check out the Coos Health & Wellness Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CoosHealthWellness/.
- All questions are of value, so do not hesitate to ask via our specific email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next COVID-19 situation update will be sent on March 30, 2020. We are not sending out updates on the weekend because official counts from CDC are only updated on Mondays through Fridays.
Coos County Public Health Response to Date
We continue to work closely with local schools, healthcare providers, emergency services, cities, businesses, and others to coordinate efforts and to share the most up-to-date information.
Current Public Health preparedness and response:
- Providers and Public calls
- Specific taskforces
- Homeless population
- Hospitals and clinics for surge capacity
- Elderly and people in poverty
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Public information and education
- Volunteer coordination and management
- If you have questions, suggestions, concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
COVID-19 Situation in Oregon
Additional Information and Resources
Visit our COVID-19 page at: cooshealthandwellness.org/public-health/novel-coronavirus-2019-covid-19 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org